Feb 20, 2012

on a mission update

...130.8
woo hoo!  after almost two weeks of what i like to call "being good" (which consists of eating healthier foods and less junk)...along with working out...i am so happy with the update.  i have lost almost 2 pounds and am feeling stronger already.  i am realistic in that i may only lose 1 pound a week...and i am ok with that!  it isn't so much the weight for me (although i'd be lying if i said i wasn't watching it closely) as it is being able to fit into certain clothes.  it can be addicting too..once you see the scale start to decrease in number (even if it is only by 1 or 2 pounds) you get motivated.  i always remind myself that i don't want to gain those 2 pounds back that i worked hard to lose...it usually helps to talk myself out of it.  i apparently am my own trainer...i usually talk to myself why i work out too...like, "you can do it" "come on, don't give up"  mark laughs at me...oh, speaking of...he got the stomach flu and lost almost 10 pounds in about 2 days...well, lucky for him.  he still hasn't put it back on...a big fat WHATEVER!!!!  i am thankful that the flu pretty much skipped me and the girls (thank you, lord).

oh, what am i doing?  is that what you ask??? 
workouts:  about 4 to 5 times a week, consisting of strength training (jillian michaels video) about 3 to 4 times a week and running 1 to 2 times a week.
eating:  typical day of eating for me consists of
  • breakfast:  oatmeal, coffee, and water
  • snack:  apple (with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled for extra goodness)
  • lunch:  yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit, about 5 crackers, carrots/celery, sometimes a fruit
  • snack:  granola bar
  • dinner:  small portions of whatever i happen to fix for the fam that night (always a veggie)
  • snack:  sometimes at night i'll have popcorn and some hot tea

**cheating:  well, i usually allow myself a small treat a day.  this may be a bite size snickers or small cookie or something...sometimes i don't just because i know i've done well that day and don't want to blow it.  other times i just do it and tell myself not to feel bad! :)

2 comments :

Erin said...

Yay you!

Cynthia said...

Great Job!! I totally agree with the addiction to the scale moving down thing. I'm the same way. I've lost 20 pound since September, and last night I ate dessert for the first time in a couple of weeks and I felt disgusting. That keeps me on track too. I hate feeling like what I ate is gonna make another appearance. I'd rather just not eat it!